Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Yesterday Nana called and said that she had pumpkins for us that left from our church's Fall Festival. Tonight I decided to go and get them and try our hand at carving them. Jamie was at work so it was just me and the kiddos. After I started cutting the tops off I remembered how dirty and disgusting pumpkin carving was, because that is normally Jamie's job.



Karson and Andrew did help the best they could cleaning out the seeds, but Zachary started gagging and said that it looked GROSS!!
I pretty much cleaned out three big pumpkins all by myself. I was covered from head to toe in pumpkin guts. After the yucky part was finished we brought them inside because it was beginning to get dark and we started the fun part. Zachary picked a Frankenstein to carve first. I didn't do to great on it!! Andrew went next and he picked a fang face. I got a little better with this one and it doesn't look to bad. Karson went last and she choose a difficult cat. I was scared, but it was the best one!! We then took them outside, turned off the lights,and lit up the candles.



It was very dark outside our house and the kids were scared. I asked them to blow out the candles before we came in, and Zachary bless his heart blew his out and took off running inside. Little did he realize was the front glass door was closed. He ran face first as fast as he could into our front door, because he was scared after he blew out the candle.

2 comments:

Summer said...

They look so good! Bravo to you for cleaning ALL 3 pumpkins!

I guess we need to get on the ball with our pumpkins!

Poor Zachary...hope he didn't hit the door too hard.

Stacy said...

They all three look good! Cleaning out the pumpkin is the part I hate!

Once we were at Corey's aunts for a party and I ran in to the glass door too! I will never live that one down.