Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Newest Addition!!

Update: The baby has went back to be with his mom. She got upset with me because I would not let her come to live with me and she decided to come and get the baby. She is still going to jail, I just have to be patient and wait. Her court date is the end of April and I will be there!!


On Saturday we got an unexpected but much loved addition to our family of five. My brother and his girlfriend had a baby about 4 months ago. My brother has been in jail since she found out she was pregnant and will not get out until late May. On Friday I got a phone call asking if I could take the baby for awhile because the mother was in trouble. Of course I said yes because I would never turn away an innocent baby. So on Saturday night the grandma came to drop of this adorable 4 month old baby boy named Clayton and all of his belongings. Right now we don't know how long he is staying, but we are taking it month to month. Please be in prayer for our whole family as we adjust to having a new baby around and pray for my brother and the baby's mother that they will get their lives straight and take care of this baby the way he needs to be or make the decision to leave him with me forever.

7 comments:

NanaDeb said...

And as his new "Nana" - all I can say is welcome to our family. He is already a very much loved little boy and a welcomed addition to our family. And his Nana loves his red hair and HIM!

Stacy said...

He fits in perfectly!!! He has a great place to call home!!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying! What a wonderful thing it is you are doing...let me know if you need anything!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful baby! You are such a special family and I know your brother and his girlfriend will be truly grateful for all that you are doing to help out. I'll be praying for you all.

Summer said...

What a blessing he is! It feels like he has always been apart of the group...even though Addie is alittle jealous;)

Tracy said...

God has a plan for all of you!

Jennifer said...

Summer, he is adorable and you and Jamie and the kids are all very special for taken him in and loving him as your own. I will be in prayer for your brother and his girlfriend and I know that God has a special plan for y'all. If you need anything I am here...